Don’t get us wrong. In many cases, your 401(k) can be your best investment vehicle, offering numerous benefits and tax advantages and many times a 100% return on some of your contributions (also known as an employer match). However, it’s important to recognize that it might not always be the optimal choice for everyone. Join us in this thought-provoking episode as we dissect some reasons why someone should NOT invest in a 401(k).
By considering various scenarios, such as the absence of an employer match, the importance of having an emergency fund, future tax implications, limited investment options, and hidden fees, Lee will present alternative perspectives on retirement savings. Tune in for a conversation about assessing your individual situation and discover how adjusting your investment strategy and exploring other options could potentially benefit you!
Here’s what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- Having an emergency fund in place before you contribute to your 401k. (3:55)
- If your employer doesn’t match contributions to your 401k. (6:21)
- Tackling debt before you start investing. (8:16)
- Moving your money out of old 401ks if you no longer work for the company. (13:07)
- Limited investment options and hidden fees. (16:09)
If you have any questions about what we discuss, set up a meeting with us anytime by visiting TalkWithLee.com.