From time to time, we like to look at issues faced by people in other professions outside of the financial world and see what kind of retirement planning lessons we can learn from them. In today’s episode, we’re seeing what we can learn from teachers and the issues they face. Let’s look at how homework, standardized testing, and customized learning approaches relate to financial planning.
Join us as Lee talks through the benefits of working with a financial advisor that customizes a plan for your needs and goals. He’ll also discuss the importance of age-appropriate planning and educating yourself in the financial realm. To wrap up this episode, Lee will answer two recent listener questions from the mailbag.
Here’s what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- Everybody hates homework, but an advisor can help. (1:56)
- Like standardized testing, cookie-cutter planning isn’t ideal. (4:36)
- Age-appropriate advice is critical in financial planning. (12:04)
- Lifelong learning is a great habit to develop. (15:04)
- Mailbag: Should I pay off my mortgage before I retire? (17:33)
- Mailbag: Gifting vs. lending money. (18:49)
If you have any questions about what we discuss, set up a meeting with us anytime by visiting TalkWithLee.com.
Use the code “knowyournumber” to access the Know Your Number course for FREE!
Leave A Comment