As most of us know, navigating Social Security can be a challenge, and unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation about there about this important benefit. With so much confusion surrounding this topic, we’re here today to set the record straight. In this episode, we’re debunking the most common myths about Social Security and answering the questions you’ve been curious about.
So, have you ever wondered if the Social Security system will run out of money before you retire? Or if claiming benefits as soon as you’re eligible is the best decision for your financial future? Instead of making assumptions, join us for a valuable lesson that will help you make informed financial decisions.
Here are the myths we’ll discuss in this episode:
- Myth: The Social Security Administration will help you make the best decision about when you should start your benefit. (4:40)
- Myth: You won’t have to pay taxes on Social Security. (7:50)
- Myth: There won’t be any Social Security benefits left by the time you retire. (13:05)
- Myth: You can’t work and receive Social Security benefits at the same time. (17:25)
- Myth: You should claim your Social Security benefits as soon as you’re eligible. (20:24)
If you have any questions about what we discuss, set up a meeting with us anytime by visiting TalkWithLee.com.