After being discussed in Congress for nearly a year and a half, the SECURE Act 2.0 passed in January. This follows the original piece of legislation that took effect at the beginning of 2020. With a list of nearly 100 provisions, there’s too much to sort out in one show. Instead, we want to highlight a few of the planning opportunities that could affect most retirees.
In this episode, Lee will take us through four key changes that caught his attention and explain how they might impact you. Retirement legislation doesn’t come around too often, but when it does, it gets our full attention. Listen to today’s show to find out what you need to know.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this episode:
- The RMD age is moving back again in 2023. 2:52
- Catch-up contributions have received an adjustment that people approaching retirement need to know about. 6:51
- You will soon have the option to roll money over from a 529 plan to a Roth. 9:24
- Now people will have the chance to earn their company match to a 401(k) while making qualifying student loan payments. 12:23
- How can you forecast the tax amount you’ll owe in retirement? 16:45
If you have any questions about what we discuss, set up a meeting with us anytime by visiting TalkWithLee.com.