With the increasing tax environment that we’re in, it’s important as ever to be paying close attention to your financial decisions and the impact they could have on tax planning.
Many of the investments you’re making today could have both short and long-term tax obligations and proper planning can ensure that you’re keeping as much of your money as possible. When you’re working hard toward retirement, every dollar counts and we want to help you understand how taxes will impact your future.
On this episode, we’re going to get tax insights from local professional Steven Brewer, CPA, who specializes in working with business owners but is also very knowledgeable when it comes to individual tax planning.
Here is some of what you’ll learn on this show:
- Lee’s first accounting class and why he immediately changed his major. (1:49)
- Where does Steven see taxes going in the future and how does that impact investing today? (6:00)
- The tax planning opportunities that most people look including a few specific to Georgia residents. (8:43)
- What can you do to prepare for the increasing tax environment that we’re in? (12:10)
- The things that trigger audits and when they typically happen. (17:15)
- Advice he would give business owners that want to be more proactive. (19:45)
Hopefully you’ll pick up on something during this episode that you didn’t know about before, but if you have questions about anything we discussed on the show, please reach out and we’ll be happy to talk to you about your financial situation.